What is Manglik Dosha & How Does It Effects Life?
In birth chart mars ,also known as mangal,if placed in 1st,2nd,4th,7th,8th,or 12th, houses, it is said to casue manglik dosh.
Mangal dosha is also known in the names of kuja dosha, angerakha dosha.Mars in 2nd ,4th,and 12 means ordinary dosha but in 7th or 8th it is graver and much strong yoga.
Mere presence of mars in these houses does not cause this dosha in all the cases. Various classic texts have ascribed this dosha to specific house only for different laganas
For readers who want to read in depth about mangal dosha
Mars occupying 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th house (signs) counted from lagna, Moon and venus is said to cause “Mars dosha” (Sage Parashara omits 2nd, but others omit 1st) if it is without aspects or combination of natural benefices. Mars in 2nd, 4th and 12th means ordinary dosha, but in 7th, 8th it is graver and much greater.
Mere presence of Mars in these house does not cause this dosha in all the cases. Various Classical texts have ascribed this dosha to specific house only for different lagnas. The position has been culled out from these texts and the net position is given in the table below. Weather Mars is evil or not has been indicated for each of the said house and for nativities of every lagna. ‘No’ means no dosha if Mars is in said position and ‘dosha’ means this evil stands.
|Ascendant||House Occupied by Mars|
In cases where dosha occurs following combinations can neutralize the evil of Mars dosha.
- If Mars is in conjunction with Jupiter or powerful Moon or under aspect of Jupiter.
- If Chandar-mangal yoga occurs in good houses.
- If Saturn is situated in the 1st, 4th,7th, 8th or 12th house from lagna.
- If Moon and Venus are in 2nd house.
- If Mars and Rahu are together.
- If the house where Mars is situated happens to be its own or exaltation sign.
- If Mars occupies Aries for Pisces.
- If Mars occupies Capricorn for Sagittarius.
- If Mars occupies Cancer for Aries.
- If Mars occupies Aquarius for Scorpio.
- If Mars occupies 7th for those whose lord of ascendant is Saturn.
- If Mars is in 4th house ruled by it.
- If Mars is in 7th house which is identical with Cancer or Capricorn.
- If Mars occupies the 2nd house ruled by Mercury.
- If Mars is in 8th house ruled by Jupiter.
- If Mars is in 12th house ruled by Venus.
- If Mars is in Leo or Aquarius.
- The position given in combinations 6 to 17 above already stand indicated in the table.
- The dosha is considerably weak when it exists from Venus, a little stronger from the Moon and fully powerful from lagna.
- Mangalik dosha gets cancelled if this dosha exists in horoscope of both the bride and the bride groom. It gets full support from sloka 49, Chapter 80 of Brihat Parasara Hora which says tdaaidhvayoyagasya bhango bhavti nishchyaat meaningMars Dosha if found in both horoscopes, the evil is definitely neutralized.
1st house: Mars aspects 4th, 7th and 8th house fully which govern domestic and married happiness and so affects these factors very badly.
2nd house: Mars here affects wealth and family leading to cheating and violence between husband and wife. It can also lead to unnatural sex causing agony.
7th house: Quarrels leading to misunderstanding. It is bad for the character of spouse and may affect his longevity.
8th house: Maraka for the spouse. Have few children. Life marred by quarrels. Likely to gratify his/her passions by resorting to extra-marital life.
12th house: Interference in married life by respective families.
- Marriages between parties belonging to the same gotra areprohibited “On account of the dysgenic influence on the offspring”.
- Inter-racial, inter-communal and inter-religious marriages are condemned because in such matches there is a great cultural difference that may lead to separation and other evil consequences.
What Are The Classics views About Mangal Dosha?
The following slakes give combinations which neutralize the evil of Mars in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th houses.
- Jamitrecha Yadha Souri Lagneva Hibuke Piva Astane Dwadase Vapi Bhauma Dosha Vinashkrit. If Saturn is situated in the 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th houses from lagna the evil of Mars dosha gets cancelled.
- Namangali Chandra Bhrugu Dwiteeye. If Moon and Venus are in the 2nd house, there is no manglik dosha.
- Namangali Pashyati Jeevadasya kuja Jeeva Samayukto. If Jupiter aspects or conjoins Mars, manglik dosha getscancelled.
- Na Mangali Rahu Joge. When Mars and Rahu are together, there is no manglik dosha.
- When Mars is situated in the 1st, 4th or 7th house and if such positions forms Ruchaka yoga and will bestow auspicious results only.