WHAT ARE THE MYTHS ABOUT KAALA SARPA YOGA ?
IS RAHU A SARPA?
Many ancient sages are of the opinion that Rahu and Ketu both together make up the form of a serpent. Keeping Vashishtha and Veerabhadra in his mind, Varaha Mihira states:
Having obtained these basic hints, we can easily understand that a planet disburses undesired result when it is:
- Conjunct with Rahu/Ketu;
- Falls in Paapa Kartari;
- Achieves Paapa Madhyatwa;
- Happens to be between Rahu and Ketu;
- Coincides with Chakrardha or with any Sandhi.
THE ‘SO-CALLED’ KAALA SARPA YOGA
Using the above elements, someone worte:
That is: ‘when Rahu is advanced (from where?) and all planets follow it, backed up Ketu, the yoga, viz., Kaala sarpa, which is able to destroy almost all the good in a chart, is formed.’
- Although this quote is from an unknown source. it sounds to be sensible. All planets felling between Rahu and ketu naturally achieve the adverse effects of Paapa Madhya.
- The effect may progressively be unbearable when the Sun or lagna or the Moon or all three are conjunct with Rahu/ketu.
- It indicates further affliction if Gulika also joions Rahu/ Ketu. The effect will be highest if birth takes place:
DURING DAWN OR DUSK; OR
When Rahu is in Tula (station of Samyukta Paata); or
On an eclipse day; or
In Tula lagna; or
With the lagna/ Moon in Gandanta.
AGRE RAHU: RAHU AHEAD, OF WHAT?
The sensible answer is ‘in the zodiac’,
How and why, let us see.
In all astrological tems, Agra and Adhah convey the sense of moving before and behind within the zodiac.
two sets of division are considered in all astrological endeavors. One, in the zodiac, i.e.; from Mesha, and the second from the lagna or the first house.
Both the points are in fact indicative of planes of intersection. Similar to the zodiac, the prime vertical (where all the twelve houses rest) ends at the very location where the first house commences at a specific locality.
IS IT AGRE RAHU OR KETU
The yoga exists and confers its effects in a decreasing manner as Rahu transits in Tula, Vrishchika, Dhanu, Makara, Kumbha and meena rashis, fulfilling the condition of all planets falling within Rahu and Ketu.
HOW DOES IT AFFECT US?
Now it is essential to understand the yoga properly and decide on its effect for a native Here are some guideline:
- The yoga affects adversely when Rahu transits anywhere from Tula to Meena rashi and all planets follow Rahu within the arc of Rahu and Ketu; and
- One planets, at least transits in Rahu Prishtha or Rahu Puchcha.
- It turns moderate When Rahu is in karka or Makara Rashi;
- Rashi Karka or Makara rises in the east with either Tamograha;
- Ketu is in Tula to Meena;
EFFECTS OF THE YOGA
- As far as the results are concerned, the yoga may basically manifest as obsession, imbalance in temperament, hindered success and/or unstable or even lethal health conditions.
- Obstruction in the native’s extended family would be a prominent trait.
NOMENCLATURE OF THE YOGA
In the vedas, Rahu and Ketu are described as enchanting entities, perhaps because of their behavior, appearance and motion in the zodiac. according to the Mantras ascribed for the two, they confer knowledge, amazingly high status, beauty and wealth when they happen to be in a favorable disposition.
Kaala speaks of time, zodiac, etc., which also expresses death in its extended form. in order to underline the highly zigzag pattern of their results, the term Sarpa or snake could only appropriately have been suffixed to Kaala.
- People declare the blemish of Kaala Sarpa, whitout consideration of specific situations, as we have described above;
- some ascride different names to the yoga considering the house occupied by Rahu. they think only of the twelve sculptural names of the legendary snakes (Nagas). They divide the yoga into tweleve kinds depending on the house occupied by Rahu, and then allot a different name to each house.
- Having no clear understanding of Rahu Mukha and Rahu Prishtha, then try to establish that the Yoga gets cancelled if a planet is conjunct with Rahu or Ketu.
Here, we include those charts too where the yoga does not exist and where the Yoga does not exist and people often use them as counter examples.
1. Jawahar Lal Nehru : Novermber 14, 1889; 23:03 hours IST; Allahabad) was born in Kala legna having ketu in Dahnu on 11:26’ and Rahu in Mithuna. Six planets fall within the Rahu-Ketu are while Jupiter in Dahnu on 15:10’ is out of the grips. Hence, there is no Kaala Sarpa yoga here.
2. Radha Krishnan , former president of India was born of September 5, 1888; at 13:00 hours ISt; at 79E30 13N30 in Dahnu lagna. Rahu and Saturn are in Karka, respectively on 07:31’ and 22:05’ degrees. Saturn is not in Rahu Mukha and planets are distributed from Karka onwards withing Rahu-Ketu arc. Thus the Yoga, with Rahu being in Karka, emerges with its least adverse effect.